Friday, December 21, 2012

Easy as Pie


Week 8 was the first week I did not make my pie deadline; I was a day late.  Knowing the week I had been having, I knew I needed an easy pie.  And the coupon insert in the Sunday morning newspaper found a perfect fit for my need: Peppermint Ice Cream Pie.

Four ingredients!
For the crust, I mixed crushed Oreos with a little melted butter and pressed it into my pie plate.  I froze the crust for a few minutes.

Oreo cookie crust.  Yum.
The filling… well, I’m almost embarrassed to say that I made such a simple pie… one carton of slightly softened Peppermint ice cream.  Once I had shaped the ice cream into the pie crust, I placed the whole thing in the freezer for a few more minutes.

Finally, I created a decorative border using whipped topping and froze the pie for a few hours. 


Easy as pie. 

And quite delicious, too.  When December rolls around, peppermint ice cream is always at the top of my list of must haves.  Place that peppermint ice cream in an Oreo cookie crust….


One plate of peppermint heaven, coming right up!
No complaints here.

No comments:

Post a Comment