Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Should This Even Count?

Week 24 was slipping through my fingers much too quickly and I did not want to take another pie break so soon, so as I was putting the box of Bisquick away, I came across a recipe called the Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie.  My family needed dinner, I needed a pie, and so here we are.

I feel as though I am cheating a bit since part of this pie comes from a boxed mix, but I have concluded that although I may have been given a head start I am still following a recipe for pie.  This counts, however brainless it may be.

This pie truly does live up to its name, unlike my pie from Week 23.  If you can chop an onion, brown some meat, and stir a few ingredients around in a bowl, then you can make this pie.  It is not only easy, but fast and reminded me of growing up.

Easy, tasty, and I should hardly get credit for baking it, but I am.  

Browning ground beef and onion
First layer: Ground beef and onion

Second layer: Cheese
Final layer: Bisquick mixed with milk and eggs

Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment