Sunday, October 21, 2012

Vacation Pie

I thought and thought about what pie I could make while my family is vacationing this week.  I needed a pie that did not require a lot of ingredients since the car would be loaded to the gills with all manner of other items.  I knew we would have access to a kitchen, so baking would be a possibility.  I did not however, know what kind of equipment I would be working with or what utensils would be at hand. 

The solution: Chocolate Bar Pie from Better Homes and Gardens

The recipe needs no flour, no odd spices, and very little sugar.  The only prep necessary before leaving for vacation was to grind some walnuts for a crust.  The rest could be made in a sparse kitchen with minimal utensils and equipment... while watching whales surface from the window in front of me. 

Smells like a perfect vacation pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment